Dicks Heating & Air take the guess work out of finding the right system for you
Installing a new central air conditioning system, furnace, or heat pump in your home is a major investment.
How do you know where to begin? Dicks Heating & Air takes the guesswork out of finding the right heating, and air conditioning system for your needs. Dick’s Heating & AIr is one of the most reputable and qualified heating and air conditioning companies in the State!
Determine If You Need a New Furnace:
The best time to buy a new furnace is before it breaks down. If your system has already broken down and the repair costs exceed $500.00, the better investment may be to replace rather than repair. So if your current system is over ten years old, it may be time to start looking at your options. An old furnace, even if it is working well, may be extracting only 60% of the available heat from the fuel used to heat your house. Newer fuel-efficient heating systems use as much as 90% of the heat available in fuel. If you’re looking to lower your fuel bills, now is the time to consult a HVAC contractor. Click Here for a free estimate.
- Ask for references: Current customers are an excellent source!
- Check local licenses: Ask to see any applicable state and local licenses, bonding, and insurance coverage.
- Get a detailed written proposal: Beware of a dealer that does not back-up their offer in a detailed written proposal. A detailed written proposal is one sign of a quality contractor. Financing is a convenient option.“Financing is provided with approved credit by Wells Fargo Financial National Bank, an Equal Housing Lender” click here to apply.
- Equipment/labor warranties and guarantees: Warranties and guarantees vary according to manufacturer and dealer. Don’t be afraid to ask questions and that they are included in the written estimate.
- Follow contract law: Demand that your contractor follows contract law. A new comfort system is a big decision and with big decisions comes responsibility.
- Ask your contractor about the maintenance requirements of your new system: What can you do yourself and/or does the contractor offer maintenance services. A maintenance agreement is one of the best ways to ensure your system’s performance, reliability and safety.
- Know and understand the contract: Beware of ambiguous contracts and again, ask lots of questions. It is very important to understand all aspects of the agreement with your contractor before any work begins.
- Get more than one estimate or reference: If you are uncomfortable making your decision for any reason, get two or three estimates or references and compare.
By selecting a qualified heating, cooling and indoor air quality contractor you will avoid many of the common home improvement hazards including:
- Frequent system breakdowns
- Improper Installation
- Unsafe and/or inefficient operation
- Shortened equipment life
- Lack of timely service
- Unusually high energy bills
- Voiding of factory warranties
- Theft, property damage, or WORSE!
Dicks Heating & Air is one of Puget Sounds most trusted home comfort specialists and we encourage our customers to do their homework. We’re confident that, in the end, we can earn your business and help you avoid the perils of selecting the wrong contractor. There are no shortcuts when it comes to selecting the right contractor; however, given the opportunity, we hope to earn your business.